Choosing a function venue can be daunting, especially if you don’t know what to look for. The most important thing you should consider is the scope and layout of the space itself. This article will cover some key features of excellent corporate function venues and how they can help you decide which will work best for your event needs.
The venue must have enough space for the required number of guests. This is especially important if you plan to use a dance floor, tables, and a stage. The venue should be able to accommodate the size of all these elements and any other special requirements you might have (such as wheelchair accessibility). If you are uncertain of the number of guests who will be attending the event, select a venue that can accommodate a bigger crowd than your guest list. Also, ensure that the number of tables being arranged in the venue should be able to seat all the guests comfortably.
The design of corporate function venues should be appropriate to the occasion. The venue should reflect your brand and identity and your guest’s expectations.
The design should also be appropriate for your company, as it needs to show what makes you unique. A good example would be if you were hosting a corporate event for an accounting firm, where guests are likely to expect something more formal than if they were attending a party thrown by an IT company with lots of tech-savvy employees. The right décor will help create an appropriate atmosphere for all involved.
Similarly, the design should reflect who is coming along on this journey with you – clients, employees, or friends – so that everyone feels welcome at their unique event.
- AV equipment. The function venue should have a projector, screen, PA system, microphone and speaker. This ensures that the event runs smoothly by allowing you to display slideshows or videos on-screen during your presentation and provide sound through the speakers in different parts of the room.
- Screen/Projector: A screen or projector is essential for displaying images during presentations or meetings so that everyone can see what’s going on at all times–it also helps keep focus when there are many people in one room (and no windows).
- PA system: A PA system is used for speeches where several speakers may need their voices amplified over others at once. This allows everyone else in attendance to hear what’s being said clearly without having loud music playing throughout most of their speech time.
- Make sure the staff is friendly and helpful.
- Ensure the team is knowledgeable about the venue, its facilities, how to use them, where they are located, and how much time each activity takes to complete.
- Ensure that your function coordinator or point of contact will be available throughout your event if any problems arise so that you can address them immediately instead of waiting until after your guests have left for home.
So, now you know what to look for in a function venue. The key is to find one with all the right features that can cater to your needs and those of your guests. Hopefully, this article has helped you find the perfect place for your next corporate event.